BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When you make a short-term accommodation booking with The Curated Collection, you and everyone who accompanies you agree to our terms and conditions.
This is not a Residential Tenancy Agreement under residential tenancy legislation. Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of this agreement can result in immediate termination of your booking. Refunds will not be granted to terminated bookings.
Please read our terms and conditions carefully.
A booking is not confirmed until a deposit is received and you have signed the booking agreement.
NSW Fair Trading Code of Conduct for the Short Term Rental Accommodation Industry.
Guests who book premises located in New South Wales must abide by their responsibilities and obligations under the NSW Fair Trading Code of Conduct for the Short Term Rental Accommodation Industry. Please click here for further information or to download a copy of the Code.
A mandatory Code of Conduct for the Short term Rental Accommodation Industry (Code) applies to all participants in the STRA industry.
The Code applies minimum standards of behaviour and requirements to all participants.
In particular, section 2.5 of the act pertains directly to you and your guests. Please ensure this has been read and understood by you and all of your guests.2.5. Guests
Guests to act lawfully
2.5.1. A guest must not engage in conduct in their capacity as a guest that contravenes:
(a) the criminal law
(b) planning laws or by-laws (if the premises are in a strata or community scheme) that apply to the premises
(c) the terms of a short-term rental accommodation arrangement for the premises.
Obligations to neighbours
2.5.2. A guest must not at any time during the occupancy period:
(a) create noise that because of its level, nature, character, or quality, or the time it is made, is likely to harm, offend, or unreasonably disrupt or interfere with the peace and comfort of neighbours and other occupants of the premises
(b) act in a violent or threatening manner towards neighbours or other occupants of the premises
(c) act in a manner that could reasonably be expected to cause alarm or distress to neighbours and other occupants of the premises
(d) use or enjoy the premises in a manner, or for a purpose, that interferes unreasonably with the use or enjoyment of common property by neighbours and other occupants of the premises in a strata or community scheme
(e) intentionally, recklessly or negligently cause damage to premises, any common property or any other communal facilities within the immediate vicinity of the premises, or any public property in the vicinity of the premises
(f) intentionally, recklessly or negligently damage the personal property of neighbours of the premises or other occupants of a strata or community scheme.
This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act.
2.5.3. The Commissioner may issue guidelines about what may or may not be appropriate conduct under section 2.5.2 of the code.
2.5.4. A guest must not copy, or knowingly retain after the end of the occupancy period, any keys, security passes or other instrument that facilitates access to the premises.
This is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act.
Responsibilities to hosts
2.5.5. A guest must take reasonable care of the host’s premises and the host’s property at the premises.
2.5.6. A guest must notify the host or the host’s representative of any dispute or complaint about a guest’s or visitor’s behaviour as soon as possible after the dispute or complaint arises.
This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act.
2.5.7. A guest who is recorded on the exclusion register is prohibited from entering into any short-term rental accommodation arrangements as a guest.
This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act.
Guests responsible for conduct of visitors
2.5.8. A guest is responsible for the actions of visitors they invite onto the premises during the occupancy period and must ensure visitors to the premises comply with section 2.5.2 of this code as if they were a guest on the premises.
Rent Payment and Security deposits
Rent payments and security bonds are paid to a Commonwealth Bank Trust Account.
Security deposits are taken for every booking, including Airbnb. This may be by way of a refundable bond or a pre-authorisation using the credit card details provided by you during the guest online check-in process. This process forms part of your booking conditions and is required to be completed no later than 7 days prior to your booking check-in date. Should the online check-in form not be returned, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and all monies paid and payable will be forfeited by you.
All rent monies paid to our Trust Account are allocated to the property owner less our fees.
A 50% deposit is payable at the time of booking.
The 50% booking balance and security deposit is payable thirty (30) days prior to the booking.
Expect the return of your security deposit within 14 days of your booking ending. Expect delays if there are deductions from the security deposit for additional services or damages.
Booking cancellation by you
Three (3) months prior, if for any reason you cancel your booking, you will receive a full refund less a cancellation fee of $150.00 and any merchant cost paid prior.
If for any reason you cancel your booking within the three (3) months up to your booking, you will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid unless the booking is replaced by another booking of equal or greater value. In the event we receive a replacement booking of lesser value, you will be refunded, less the amount to make up for the booking loss. A cancellation fee of $150.00 will apply plus any merchant costs incurred.
Booking cancellation by us
The Curated Collection may cancel your booking in an unforeseen event that is out of our control. For example, safety concerns, storm damage, flood or fire or unable to be occupied due to NSW government health order. We may also cancel your booking in the event a property owner sells their home and is no longer available for short-term letting with the new owner.
These situations do not happen often however in the event they do, you will be immediately contacted and we will provide you with any alternative accommodation options for your selection.
The Curated Collection is an agent acting for the property owner and cannot be held responsible for owners who remove their properties from short-term stay accommodation.
The Curated Collection recommends guests take out any necessary travel insurance.
The owner’s insurance does not cover guests’ personal possessions. No responsibility is taken for these.
Number of Persons and use of premises
Properties are for guests only. The number of occupants must not exceed the number of persons shown on your booking agreement. All guests must be named and the relationship with the person making the booking must be supplied. No outside guests are permitted on the premises without pre-arrangement in writing. Any increase in numbers must be agreed upon in advance and may incur additional fees. You agree to use the premises for the purpose of holiday accommodation only.
Cleanliness, Repairs & Damage to the premises
You agree to keep the premises reasonably clean during your stay. Should damage to the premises occur, including any breakages or loss, you will notify the agent immediately. Your security deposit may be used to cover excess cleaning or damage repairs/replacement.
When the agreement ends you agree to leave the premises tidy, wash any dishes, clean out the fridge, run the dishwasher and place any rubbish in the allocated bins. You will be charged an additional cleaning fee if excess cleaning is required.
While we take all necessary steps to ensure each property is in good working order prior to your stay, the Agent is not responsible for any unforeseen breakages during your stay however will endeavour to have necessary repairs carried out as soon as possible. These include power outages, plumbing or electrical problems, air-conditioners not working and WIFI outages.
Noise, Parties and Functions
Excessive noise, parties and functions are strictly prohibited. No location photo shoots are permitted without prior permission and consent. This is a breach of your booking terms and conditions and will result in the immediate termination of your booking. If an unauthorised function is held at the property, the bond processed for the booking will be retained and additional fees to cover the standard function fee may apply.
If a complaint of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour is received, our team will contact you via phone in the first instance. Should the complaint remain unresolved or ignored, security will be dispatched to investigate. All call-out charges will be at a cost to the guest. This fee will be taken from the guest’s security deposit and is non-negotiable.
The Curated Collection and the owner cannot be held responsible for any noise from construction work occurring close to the property or for any issue relating to noise on neighbouring properties.
Check-in and Check-out
The Curated Collection will meet you for check-in and check-out where possible.
Check-in is available from 2 pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is at 10 am on the day of departure. There may be variations to these times, if so, guests will be advised directly via text and email.
The Curated Collection will do its best to accommodate requests for early check-in/late check-out however they are subject to availability. We are not always able to accommodate variations in check-in and check-out times due to other bookings or cleaners being unable to change their schedule.
If you require an amendment to your check-in or check-out times, please contact us the week prior to your stay.
Keys will be provided to the property at check-in and all keys must be returned at check-out.
If guests lose keys / remote controls or lock keys inside the property and require access, a call fee will apply. If replacement keys or remote controls need to be cut or purchased, key barrels need to be replaced, or in secure complexes, re-keying is required costs will be calculated based accordingly and charged to the guest.
Most properties provide wireless internet for guests for the purpose of emailing, perusing social media, and web browsing.
Please note that wifi speed and connectivity in some parts of Palm Beach and surrounding suburbs are not comparable to that experienced in major capital cities, especially during peak periods where the network experiences very heavy demand. If guests need to work during their stay where reliable and high-speed internet is essential, we recommend using your phone hotspot.
Pets and smoking
All properties have a strict no-smoking policy.
Pets are only permitted at pet-friendly properties and form part of your booking agreement. When a booking is confirmed, all terms and conditions are considered agreed to by all parties staying at the property on the booking confirmation, including pet-friendly terms and conditions. This includes excess cleaning charges or necessary deductions from your bond for damages caused due to any pet(s) agreed to on the booking.
Guests must ensure their animals:
- is groomed to avoid excessive moulting
- is cleaned prior to entering the property
- has had up-to-date worming, flea treatments, and vaccinations
- has had nails trimmed to avoid scratches to the floors and furnishings
- does not jump up on beds, furniture or rugs (indoors or outdoors)
- is not left unattended as excessive barking may result in complaints from neighbours.
We highly recommend your pet be given tick treatment prior to arriving on the Northern Beaches. Ticks are very prevalent in the area and can be fatal to dogs and cats.
Additional cleaning charges may apply should pet hair, urine, fleas or any evidence (including smell) of the pet be left behind when guests leave. Any damage occurred by the animal will be at the cost of the guest and deducted from the security deposit.
The terms and conditions below outline the terms associated with the use of our Website and you will be bound by these conditions upon booking via this website.
- The curatedcollection.com.au website is operated by The Curated Collection Pty Ltd (ACN 658 547 865) (“TCC”).
- Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as these conditions incorporate the basis on which bookings via the curatedcollection.com.au website are accepted.
- TCC reserves the right at any time to vary, revise, add, amend, modify or delete the curatedcollection.com.au website including these terms and conditions. The amended terms and conditions will take effect immediately upon being posted on the curatedcollection.com.au website.
- The laws of New South Wales govern the operation of the curatedcollection.com.au website and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of the terms and conditions which will continue in full force and effect.
- The information on the curatedcollection.com.au website is provided in good faith and TCC believes it to be accurate.
- TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website are not liable to you or anyone else for any loss of deposit payment or any other indirect or financial loss suffered whether arising in contract, negligence or otherwise arising in connection with the use of the curatedcollection.com.au website.
- To the extent permitted by law TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website’s liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited to the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the service supplied again.
In addition, please note:
- Information on our Website
- TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website endeavour to ensure that all information displayed on the curatedcollection.com.au website is correct.
- TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website will not be held responsible for any errors in content.
- Please contact us if you have any queries regarding published information.
- TCC’s Right to Amend
- TCC organises and arranges the accommodation pursuant to the contractual arrangements it has with property owners and managers. TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website do not occupy or have any control over any property, as such, TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website are not liable for any damage or loss, whether to personal property or howsoever arising, to any person who has booked accommodation through the curatedcollection.com.au website.
- TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website cannot guarantee the availability of accommodation and TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website reserves the right to change and cancel bookings. TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website reserve the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to modify any accommodation or to cancel the same.
- Whilst TCC makes every effort to ensure that all prices on the curatedcollection.com.au website are accurate and up to date sometimes errors do occur, and the prices stated are incorrect. TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website reserve the right to alter accommodation prices on the curatedcollection.com.au website to reflect any increase in the cost of accommodation for reasons beyond our reasonable control. This may include (but is not limited to) pricing mistakes, errors or omissions. Where a pricing mistake, error or omission has occurred, TCC or the curatedcollection.com.au website will use its best endeavours to notify you of the mistake, error or omission.
- Confirmation of bookings and invoices are subject to re-issue if TCC or the curatedcollection.com.au website discovers a pricing mistake, error or omission.
- Upon TCC or the curatedcollection.com.au website notifying you of the mistake, error or omission you can either agree to accept the amended price or you may cancel your booking.
- In the event that an error occurs that results in a property being double booked or due to circumstances beyond our control the original property that was booked is no longer available, TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website will use its best endeavours to relocate your group to another property.
- TCC and the curatedcollection.com.au website will use its best endeavours to have you and your group relocated to a property of comparable quality and in a comparable location. If a property of comparable quality in a comparable location is not available, curatedcollection.com.au may relocate you to a property of less comparable quality in a less comparable location in which curatedcollection.com.au will pay you an amount that it reasonably believes represents the difference between the price payable for the alternative property and the prices paid by you for the original property at which you had booked.
- Your Privacy